Thursday, May 8, 2014

*What does an Industry professional want to see in a Model´s Portfolio?


The biggest complaints I hear from models are :

Nobody ever contacts me on internet modelling site_of your_choice.com.
I get lots of enquiries from idiots, perverts, amateurs etc...
I do a shoot which promises everything, but never get any pictures or ever hear from the guy again.
I get booked for shoots and then f***ed around with venue, time, day changes, ignored for two hours and then treated like nobody when I arrive (very common with Music video clip shoots)
I get promised great shots of myself for my folio, and then get muddy, badly composed, over photoshopped things in which I am hardly recognisable and hidden behind a huge ugly photographer´s watermark. (the watermark is ugly, and Iĺl keep my comments about the photographer to myself)

Don´t despair: simply be aware that internet modelling sites are specifically designed for amateurs and wannabes from both sides of the camera.
However some industry professionals do seek new models and sometimes established ones from these sites.
But also be aware that they are looking for very specific things in an online portfolio ; these are the very same things they look for and have always looked for in printed folios ever since photographic modelling began., but unfortunately they are the very things they rarely see.
Knowing what they are looking for is the first part of gaining a real advantage: the second part and the hardest to achieve is supplying what they are looking for , and appearing to be the odd one out in a vast sea of misinformation and photographic crap.

The next post in theis series will discuss more fully exactly what type of shots need to be in a model´s  portfolio



Remember, that all photographs accompanying this blog are Copyright (All Rights Reserved) and may not be used for any purpose whatsoever without written permission from the photographer. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/645731338825617/
https://www.facebook.com/thedefinitearticlephotography
http://publicize.me/definitearts
https://www.pond5.com/artist/definitearts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, as are alternative views...